The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Develop and implement the procurement strategy of all goods and services from suppliers, specific to reducing cost and finding synergies and meeting operational needs. Must be willing and able to lead coordination with suppliers in the areas of New Product Development, engineering, manufacturing and materials, making the best decisions for the division and the corporation. This individual will be energetic and will have a positive influence on the organizations sourcing requirements through lean thinking, problem solving, negotiating, communicating and stakeholder leadership in order to meet the department, divisional and corporate sourcing goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing our Purchasing Department, managing the Purchasing Associate’s work flow and establishing their goals based on inventory needs, current sales and future projections for the coming year.
- Responsible for negotiating metal, chassis and other larger material contracts.
- Reviews vendor contracts, bid proposals and negotiates within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Creates and monitors monthly cost savings for all products, projects and involved in our Product Fitness Team.
- Analyze our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Skilled negotiator with previous experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Ensure compliance to rules and regulations as outlined by the division and in the corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance of our Contractor Safety Program, ISO and Sarbanes Oxley Compliances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or equivalent
- 5-10 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skill and knowledge in areas of negotiating and utilization of the principles of purchasing
- Proven skills in implementation and consensus building
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application. Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation’s legal duty to furnish information. Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Location/Region: Clearwater, FL (US)