Summary Statement: This employee works directly for one of the Delaware Supreme Court Justices providing administrative support in all areas. This is a confidential (at will) position within the Delaware Judicial Branch, and the employee serves at the pleasure of the respective Justice.
Minimum Qualifications: Please address each item separately on the Minimum Qualifications page of the application:
- At least five years experience as a full-time Legal Secretary, experience with litigation preferred.
- A college degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience collecting, compiling, evaluating, and analyzing data and information.
- Experience coordinating administrative operations or functions.
- Experience using standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, or databases.
- Experience creating reports and various documents.
- Experience in the principles, practices, and procedures of office administration and management.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively to a diverse audience and on sensitive/confidential issues.
Preferred Requirements: Although not required, preference will be given to applicants who possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with File & Serve.
- Paralegal certification/experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Valid State issued ID or Driver’s License.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment.
Benefits: To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the web-site at
Submitting Your Application: Visit the website at
. Click on “apply” next to the job posting and print, or complete and print, the Judicial Branch Non-Merit Employment Application in either WORD or PDF format. Applications should be submitted by any one of the formats listed below prior to the closing date stated on this announcement.
1) Mail your application to:
Administrative Office of the Courts
The Renaissance Centre
405 N. King Street, Suite 507
Wilmington, DE 19801
- Fax your application to: (302) 255-2482, Attention: Human Resources
- Send your application as an e-mail attachment with the words “Application Form” in the subject line to:
Attachments to Applications:
- Please do not submit copies of evaluations, letters of reference, training certificates, or college transcripts unless requested.
- If supplemental information is requested by the posting, be sure to include it when you submit your application prior to the closing date.
- Applications or additional information will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Resumes will not be accepted unless accompanied by the application.
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
- TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The Delaware Judiciary - An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Location/Region: Wilmington, DE (US - 19801)